The 2021 FIM WSBK World Championship will see the arrival of new riders on the grid for this season with an expansion of satellite teams, but with a clear driver to beat, Jonathan Rea.
The Kawasaki rider and six consecutive world champion in WSBK, Jonathan Rea will once again be the rider who will wear the number 1 on his fairing . Together with the Northern Irishman, the British rider Alex Lowes (# 22) will share the squad, who is facing his second season under the colors of Kawasaki.
Ducati will repeat the official team for 2021 with the British rider Scott Redding (# 45) as the spearhead of the Borgo Panigale brand and who will share a box with the Italian rider Michael Ruben Rinaldi (# 21).
Yamaha will have in its official team the Turkish rider Toprak Razgatlioglu (# 54) and Andrea Locatelli (# 55), while Honda (Team HRC) will alienate the Spanish rider Álvaro Bautista (# 19) and the veteran British rider Leon Haslam (# 91).
For its part, BWM Motorrad repeats a pair for 2021 with the world champion in 2013, Tom Sykes (# 66) and the Dutch driver Michael van der Mark (# 60). These will be the drivers 10 official drivers of the five brands that will take part in the championship in 2021.
Among the “private” or independent teams, we will also have two Spanish drivers, Tito Rabat (# 53) and Isaac Viñales (# 32) . The Moto2 world champion will pilot a Ducati Panigale V4 R for the Barni Racing Team, while Viñales will continue with the Valencian team ORELAC Racing VerdNatura
2021 SBK World Championship Grid – Drivers / Teams
- Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK # 1 Jonathan Rea, # 22 Alex Lowes
- ARUBA.IT Racing – Ducati # 45 Scott Redding, # 21 Michael Ruben Rinaldi
- PATA YAMAHA WorldSBK Official Team # 54 Toprak Razgatlioglu, Andrea Locatelli
- Team HRC # 19 Álvaro Bautista, # 91 Leon Haslam
- BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team # 66 Tom Sykes, # 60 Michael van der Mark
- GRT Yamaha WorldSBK Junior Team # 31 Garrett Gerloff, # 3 Kohta Nozane
- Ten Kate Racing Yamaha No confirmed driver (s)
- Team GOELEVEN (Ducati) # 7 Chaz Davies
- Barni Racing Team (Ducati) # 53 Tito Rabat
- Puccetti Kawasaki Racing # 44 Lucas Mahias
- OUTDO Kawasaki TPR # 84 Loris Cresson
- ORELAC Racing VerdNatura # 32 Isaac Viñales
- Motocorsa Racing # 47 Axel Bassani
- RC Squadra Corse (BMW) # 60 Eugene Laverty
- Bonovo Action (BMW) # 94 Jonas Folger
- Team Gil Motor Sport (Yamaha) # 23 Christophe Ponsson
- MIE Racing HONDA Team No confirmed driver (s)
- Brixx Performance No confirmed driver (s)